Note: Some of the older links may not be valid. Most likely the source
code is still somewhere, you just have to look around
- 18th October, 1997
- I have updated my W2Xlib
library (Wlib emulation on top of Xlib) heavily, so that it's now
fairly usable. You can even run W toolkit programs on X!
- 11th October, 1997
- I run my WWW pages through ispell, so my pages should now be a bit
more readable ;-). I also re-ported W window system for SVGAlib
and am putting a new distribution together as TeSche abandoned W
(he has this year too much work to do) at least for a while. I
got just one problem... SVGAlib doesn't support my Matrox
Millenium graphics card and 320x200 I can get with it now, is
not usable except for testing a little. :-(
- 28th September, 1997
- I ported ME, the Mutt language and text
Editor, to linux. It's a bit oldish but fairly nice.
- 11th September, 1997
- My previous hd was faulty but the new one has been working OK for
a couple of weeks, so I got Linux running again. First thing I
did was to change / enhance my POV
scenes for POV v3. I got now also exemplary images produced
from those scenes...
- 24th August, 1997
- A new version of PUNSSi, my b&w
two player arcade game for Atari. Keyboard can now be used along
with joystick(s), so that people with only one or no joystick can
test the game too.
- 6th August, 1997
- Fixed and updated a couple of pages.
- 5th August, 1997
- During previous week I've have had lots of troubles with (I think)
my hard disk. Computer can freeze randomly in middle of anything
that does some disk activity (during e2fsck when booting Linux,
typing 'dir' at DOS prompt).
- 16th July, 1997
- Bought myself finally a new computer. POV ray tracings which took
earlier half a day, take now only a couple of minutes. Started
installing x86-Linux and configuring software.
- 28th June, 1997
- My sister got married!
- June, 1997
- I have worked on Wlib graphics format conversion functions but
they are not on my page yet. I'm waiting Tesche to mail me latest
W sources first so that I can add my changes to it... Then there
will be an updated version of the FLI player too. It's window can
now be resized on-the-fly.
- 29th April, 1997
- Improved popup and menu widgets and
Wstart. Package has now also a simple icon editor. It and WStart
both need my additions to the
W library. Namely PBM read and write functions.
- 26th April, 1997
- An updated version of Wedit and edittext widget.
Updated versions of getstring,
filesel, listbox, range,
dial and select widgets.
- 26th April, 1997
- New popup and menu widgets for Wt and a Wstart program using them.
Wstart is a program launch bar which reads directory / program
names, icons and options from selected directory and then presents
them to the user for opening / execution.
- 30th March, 1997
- I have updated half of my pages, mostly MiNT, Python, sci-fi, graphics
and W client ones. There's also
beginnings of a new controversial IMHO
- 28th March, 1997
- New range & dial (select a value between given min and max
values) and select (select a string from drop down listbox) W
toolkit widgets. Widget names are
similar to the html form input tag type identifiers... :-)
- 15th March, 1997
- A couple of new POV 3D descriptions:
Wedding rings, heart and a Halloween pumpkin.
- 15th March, 1997
- A new Python application (server+client) for chatting over the Net.
Updated version of my Python W library.
- 8th March, 1997
- My simple text editor for W
window system is now working pretty good.
- 15th February, 1997
- Converted a NetHack `graphics' font into a W font. Font packet includes NetHack bindings.
- 6th January, 1997
- A first usable version of my text
editor widget for W toolkit.
- 11th December, 1996
- My X11 / TOS (means it doesn't need GEM or VDI) IMG viewer supports now all standard
(interleaved) Atari resolutions.
- 10th December, 1996
- Kay released a new 0.9-beta W toolkit
version, which supports the new window resizing. There are also
some bug patches.
- 7th December, 1996
- TeSche has released a new Revision-4-beta version of W window system. It includes resizable windows,
some fixes and my bezier, ellipse and pattern graphics mode
patches. I have made a new patch for text effects and a command
line editor for the new font format.
- 10th October, 1996
- Added some MiNT links and put out new
patches (adds beziers, ellipses, some
new text styles and graphics modes to pattern functions in packed/
driver) for W1R4-alpha.
- 26th September, 1996
- Fixed numerous bugs, corrected game play and added shields, more
weapons and README to WarZone.
- 25th September, 1996
- GameFrame networking has now
been tested between DEC OSF/1 / 64-bit Alpha and HP-UX. Server.c,
comms.c, w_game.c, Reversi server and Chess client have been
- 23th September, 1996
- I have started a monochrome 'Scorched Earth' wannabe for W
and W toolkit called Warzone.
- 18th September, 1996
- I have started to implement Wlib on top of Xlib. I can't test it
as I don't have X on my own machine. Most of the Wlib calls have
been converted to corresponding X ones though so... Anybody
interested on debugging W2Xlib?
- 13th September (my birthday...), 1996
- Some patches (including graphics modes to the pattern functions)
and more info about the W Window System.
- 31th August, 1996
- A Reversi / Othello game and
server and a bug fixed version of the GameFrame server module.
- 20th August, 1996
- There's now available an updated and slightly bug fixed version of
my WPlayer (sample editor /
- 7th August, 1996
- I finally filled up my food and
- 6th August, 1996
- A hugely revised version of GameFrame, my simple, networked,
turn based, two player game framework. It's now more robust, has
more features, a curses version and even some documentation. New
examples and an improved version of chess board for W, Go board
and server version of AmiGo (scoring needs a bit of work).
- 1th August, 1996
- TeSche has released a new Revision-4-alpha (all of the new stuff
isn't fully functioning yet) version of W
server+lib and Kay has released a new version of the W toolkit
(including VT52 emulation widget).
- 20th May, 1996
- I changed the two player game
framework messages to do a round trip to ensure that both ends
of the socket are fully synced. Board editing / continue added.
- 17th May, 1996
- Yesterday I coded a chat program
for W. You can use it e.g. to discuss about the board game you're
playing at the same time :).
- 13th May, 1996
- During the weekend I experimented with sockets (fun :)), although
my own machine isn't (yet) connected. Results are a
framework for networked,
turn based, two player games with Gobang as an example and a silly
little 'ring' program + daemon which can be used to send short
a message over the network (message shown in W window if W server
- 8th May, 1996
- I have fixed and updated the W
FLI/FLC player greatly. It convert the palette entries now
correctly, is almost twice as fast (if using ordered dithering
instead of FS-dither) and has command line options for halving or
doubling the animation size.
- 29th April, 1996
- The W sample player can now
manage multiple samples (cut/copy/paste between them, undo buffer
for each sample) and do looping. The source is divided so that I
can more easily add new modules (e.g. selection fine tuning for
looping, special effects, filters, sample synthesis).
- 26th April, 1996
- Yesterday I came across a PC Linux / SVGAlib FLI / FLC Player, so naturally
I ported it for W and added big endian and monochrome (=FS
- 22th April, 1996
- During the weekend I rewrote my W
sample player to use W toolkit instead of Wlib and added all kinds
of nice options into it (cut, copy & paste + a couple of effects)
so it's now more of a sample editor than player.
- 15th April, 1996
- I have completely revamped my Python L-system parser. Now it can output the
grammar as a POV raytracer scene file. It's a nice way to do 3D
line graphics :). I have also made fileselector and listbox
widgets for Kay's W toolkit.
- 25th March, 1996
- Kay has released a new version of his W
Toolkit with improved HTML widget and new dialog and text
widgets. I made popup and scrollbox widgets and started a
fileselector one. I also got a partly made W toolkit based
drawing program imaginatively named as WDraw.
- 20th March, 1996
- Started a fixed point (=fast) math
library with sqrt(), sin()
and cos() functions.
- 22nd Feb, 1996
- Kay has released a new version of his
Toolkit for which I have made a string input and iconedit
widgets. I also made a new game for W named
- 17th Feb, 1996
- Got W-Jewel
(columns game clone) ready.
- Fixed select() bug in X sources of Wyrms
and improved the editor slightly. Added new GEM/TOS binaries.
- 16th Feb, 1996
- W1R3 and W toolkit #3 released.
- Remade my literary page...
- 15th Feb, 1996
- New version of my two-player Wyrms
game for TOS, GEM, W, X and curses. This one has slightly better
editor and new much bigger graphics selectable at compile time...