Wish / TODO list for W
Only some of these are intended to get into the next W revision (R4).
The ones marked with a `*' are considered to be the most important.
Some might not get implemented at all.
- Fore/background color setting functions for non-monochrome graphics
drivers (TeSche). *
- Adding graphics modes for bitblit functions. This would be a great
help for arcade games. *
- Adding graphics modes for text functions.
- Different line widths.
- Arrow etc. special key mapping to Wlib.h defined
values by W server and modifier key events (or special bits in the
normal key events). *
- Default server font. *
- Window resizing (TeSche). *
- Server timestamps onto events. This could be of help when checking
for double clicks in application.
- Font server. Would take care of font
loading, conversion (e.g. from vector to bitmap), substituting and
sending them to server.
- Copy / paste and clipboard concept. *
- Client communication with W messages /
events. With W or Wt clipboard this could be used for implementing
- A function for 'peeking' at the W events. *
- User access to W server graphics contexts (used instead of individual
- Using shared memory to transfer application images to server
when on the same machine.
- A style guide on widget programming. *
- Copy/paste to Wt widgets. Done for apps on the same machine
(as W server doesn't support clipboard yet). *
- Some additional W toolkit widgets (Kay, Eero). Most necessary
ones (containers, fileselector etc.) have now been implemented
but aren't yet a part of the latest Wt release.
- Window based focus to W Toolkit + focus changing shortcuts.
Currently focus is app specific. *
- Properties / help attribute for widgets, of which help would be
handled automatically if it's available.
- Visual grouping / separation of W toolkit components on screen.
The trouble is that containers are just that, they can't contain
graphics (e.g. box around radio button group).
- W terminal with copy / paste (Kay).
- Program launch bar + icon editor (Eero).
- File manager / file type associated program launcher.
- HTML 1.0 browser for Wt (Kay).
- Fairly complete text editor.
- Bitmap, font, sample etc. editors.
- Network applications like mail and ftp (Eero did some board games).
- Wt interface builder.
Feel free to contact author(s) or the mailing list email@example.com if you
want to give a try to any of these or something else or have a feature
in mind that would be a nice addition (preferably small and easy to add